The Master of Theology (2 years program/48 units) is designed to prepare students for further study, in preparation for an advanced study or employment that requires a master’s degree. This program concentrates especially on the upper division biblical courses including biblical languages, methods of exegesis, theology and hermeneutics.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate a competent knowledge of the Old and New Testament.
2. Demonstrate competent knowledge of theology in their contemporary issues.
3. Integrate biblical knowledge into their Christian ministry or context.
4. Apply biblical and theological knowledge to serve ministry.
Anyone possessing a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent meets the basic academic requirement for admission to the program. See the section on admissions criteria, earlier in this catalog, for additional requirements.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission to the Master of Theology program:
Applicants for admission must hold a Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree from university or college with at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (4.00 scale). The following documents must be submitted to the office of admission by the appropriate deadline:
1. A completed application form for admission
2. Application fee
3. Official Transcripts
4. Recommendation Form
Graduation Requirements: 48 units (2 years)
Concentration requirement: 24 units
Electives: 24 units
Residence requirement: 24 units to be taken at Ezra University
|OT 301||Theology of the OT||
|OT 315||Introduction to the Prophets||4|
|NT 301||Introduction to the NT||4|
|NT 205||Life and Teachings of Christ||4|
|NT 305||Pauline Epistles||4|
|THE 401||Systematic Theology I||4|
|THE 402||Systematic Theology II||4|
|THE 425||Contemporary Theology I||4|
|THE 426||Contemporary Theology II||4|
|THE 511||Biblical Theology I||4|
|THE 512||Biblical Theology II||
1) Completion of 48 quarter units
2) Completion of the course work with a GPA of 2.5 or above.
4) Demonstration of competence in Biblical Studies
5) Passing Exit interview
Due to internal construction, we are only accepting online applications.